KODI ON FIRESTICK USING A PC: Kodi is a very popular media tool and we want to have it on all our devices. Thankfully, you can now install this tool on your FireStick device a well. I will show you how to sideload Kodi on firestick with PC. This method is quick and easy. You will have Kodi installed in no time.
How To Install Kodi On Firestick Using A PC:
We are now going to learn how to install Kodi on FireStick with PC using ES File Explorer. Make sure both FireStick and computer are connected to the same internet/wi-fi network.
On Your Computer Download Kodi APK File
Using any web browser, download the Kodi APK file on your computer from THIS LINK.
Click the ‘Download’ button to proceed.
This file is safe. It is the latest version APK.
On Your FireStick:
First of all, we need to make some changes to the security settings. Here is what you need to change:
- Navigate to Settings > Device > Developer Options
- Turn ON ‘Apps from unknown sources’
- Also Turn ON ‘ADB debugging’
Next steps to follow:
- Install ES File Explorer app from the Amazon App Store.
- Now run the ES File Explorer App and on the expand ‘Network’ option on the menu on the left sidebar.
- Scroll down and select ‘Remote Manager’ on the left
- Now, on the right, you will see a big ‘Turn on’ button. Press it to turn on the remote manager.
- This will allow you to manage your FireStick files on your computer.
- You will now see an address on the ES File Explorer screen. It would look something like:ftp://192.168.1.7:3215 (this is how it looks on my device. But, it will be a bit different on yours)
- Keep ES File Explorer running on FireStick.
On Your Computer
- Now, on your computer, open Windows Explorer or any folder in Mac. Enter the above address and press Enter.
- You will now be able to see all the files and folders on FireStick.
- Copy the Kodi APK file you downloaded onto a FireStick folder. I choose ‘Download’ folder. You may also use this folder or create a new one.
On Your FireStick
- On ES File Explorer, expand ‘Local’ option on the left sidebar and then select ‘Home’.
- Now, open the Download folder (or the folder in which you copied the APK file on your computer)
- Select the Kodi APK file and run it
- Hit the ‘Install’ button on the bottom right of the screen
- Wait for about 30 seconds
- You will now see the ‘App Installed’ notification
- You can now click ‘Done’ to exit the screen or ‘Open’ to star the Kodi app right away
So, this is how you install Kodi on FireStick with PC.
Kodi is one awesome media player and you would really like to have it on your FireStick. Thankfully, FireStick supports this app even though Amazon Store doesn’t host it. You can install Kodi on FireStick with PC or without it. In this method, we talked about the PC method.